Why work with us?
We’re lucky to have a truly diverse range of projects and clients we love, meaning there are always new and different projects to challenge our team. We work with clients that are large and small, but never boring. We have an awesome team and office culture, challenging projects and the cutest office dog in Brooklyn.
We design brands for the digital future. We have an integrated approach because we believe that brands are defined by all of the experiences people have with them. Our team uses design and technology to create holistic, cross-channel experiences that build brand awareness and loyalty. We’ve build a team of passionate designers, brand strategists, technology experts, advertising gurus, and marketing mavericks brought together by our uncommon dedication to our crafts. We want to create work that leads our industry and we aren’t afraid to bring the unique, daring and original into the world.
The right person for this position is passionate, smart, fun, loves what they do as much as we do and is ready to hit the ground running with our highly collaborative team.
About The Role
We’re looking to build up our bank of freelance developers. We value pixel perfect designs, user experience, accessibility and performance.We don’t have a particular set of tools that we use for each project and value discussions around picking the right stack for the job. Recently we’ve been working with a lot of Shopify, React and Gatsby. In the past 12 months we have used Meteor.JS and WordPress. Experience with any of these is looked upon favorably.
We’re looking for developers that fullfil some of the below requirements.
- At least two years experience
- Has freelanced or worked in an agency before
- Good problem solving
- Ability to quote and estimate a project
- Ability to work Autonomously
- Deep experience with CSS – knowing when to use Flexbox vs CSS Grid, considerations around cross browser compatibility
- Deep experience with one of the following, React, Shopify, WordPress, Vue
- Advanced git knowledge, branching, code reviews, squashing, rebasing pull requests
- Slate – Shopify’s starter theme that is Webpack under the hood.
- SCSS or PostCSS
- Configuring build tools – Webpack, Grunt Parcel etc
- Experience with CI tools (Travis, Circle, GitHub actions)
- Contribution to Open Source
If this sounds like you, please email email@example.com with the subject line: “freelance developer” Include a brief email about yourself & experience, resume, and link to a portfolio, live examples (and a description of your role on the project) of past work, or GitHub profile.