Business Development Director
SMAKK Studios is a 16-person creative agency based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Our studio is looking for a Business Development Director to add to our growing team on execution of new client projects. Our office culture is laid-back and fun, but our team is very seriously dedicated to creating leading-edge, highly creative work for our clients.
Why work with us?
We’re lucky to have a truly diverse range of projects and clients we love, meaning there are always new and different projects to challenge our team. We work with clients that are large and small, but never boring. We have an awesome team and office culture, challenging projects and the cutest office dog in Brooklyn.
As a Business Development Director at SMAKK, you’ll provide leadership across acquiring new branding and website projects, while keeping up-to-date on daily project activities. We need someone who’s able to identify a client’s business needs and work independently to understand, define and build effective and innovative solutions that generate new business. They must be prepared to be as much of a leader as they are a communicator and mentor. This position would lead new business, sales and marketing efforts for a Brooklyn-based branding and web design agency.
Check these boxes
- 2-5 years experience in a client services organization, preferably on projects with top tier consulting firms or interactive agencies (including web, mobile, video, brand, and strategic consulting projects).
- Run end-to-end pitch process, including establishing initial opportunities, interfacing with prospective clients, and creating proposals and SOW responses.
- Manage account profitability by negotiating statements of work, ensuring work is delivered on budget, and invoicing clients according to the proper terms
- Expand contacts with key client project contacts and maintain strong post-engagement relationships introducing new opportunities accordingly
- Create and execute on outbound marketing and sales strategy
- Network and cold call on behalf of agency to secure new business meetings and qualified contacts for partners
- Research/find relevant RFP’s and initiate relationships with agency search firms
- Identity networking events for partner participation (trade shows, conferences, events)
- Represent agency at events
- Submit agency work for industry awards
- Publish content to agency blog and social channels
- Find opportunities for partners to present/speak, lead workshops, panel participation, etc.
- Must be comfortable talking with CEO’s, CMO’s, technical leads and marketers about digital marketing needs and branding
- Must have familiarity with the web design and development process, technical terminology and industry trends and standards
- Must be aware of trends in marketing and advertising
- Exceptional Organization Skills
- Great Communication Skills – written and presentation
- Ability to work quickly as part of a fast paced team
- Fast learner with a great memory for details
- Must be extremely outgoing, comfortable with making cold calls, networking. Excellent writing skills and business appropriate communication skills required. Ability to work independently and manage time effectively is a must.
- Experience in growing new business
Oh, did we mention the benefits?
- Snacks and drinks, you like ’em, we got ’em.
- Free healthcare! Now you can finally take up base jumping. What’s the worst that can happen?
- Our Chief-Canine-Officer-approved “bring your dog to work” policy.
- but wait, theres more… we won’t bore you with the details of the 401K, vision plan and Metrocard reimbursement policies, but yes, we’ve got those too.
If this sounds like you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Business Development Director” Include a brief email about yourself, experience, and resume!