SMAKK Studios is a 14-person creative agency based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Our studio is looking for a project manager to add to our growing team on execution of client projects. Our office culture is laid-back and fun, but our team is very seriously dedicated to creating leading-edge, highly creative work for our clients.
Why work with us?
We’re lucky to have a truly diverse range of projects and clients we love, meaning there are always new and different projects to challenge our team. We work with clients that are large and small, but never boring. We have an awesome team and office culture, challenging projects and the cutest office dog in Brooklyn.
We’re seeking a Project Manager to be responsible for the management and delivery of website design/development projects. You’ll work directly with our clients and manager our project team to meet the objectives and goals of each project on-time and on-budget as well as champion quality and integrity of the end result.
The Project Manager is an enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the project. As the key point of contact for both the client and the project team, the Project Manager plays a pivotal role in the success of an engagement.
A background in front-end web development or hands-on technical role is something that could give you a huge leg-up in this position. As the primary point of contact for clients, your daily tasks will include:
- Responsible for developing and managing the project plan and project teams to execute on scopes of work
- Balance multiple projects while keeping track of timelines, deliverables, and action items.
- Monitoring day-to-day activities of the project team and ensure work is progressing as planned. Work with project team and be actively involved in all aspects of the work
- Managing schedules, budgets, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon.
- Scheduling internal and external meetings and check-ins
- Managing all client communications including meeting agendas, recaps & status updates, revision requests and more, trafficking communications to appropriate agency and client contacts
- Delegating tasks for all deliverables
- Efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals
- Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Consistently identify needs that clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback
- Maintaining internal and external communication across all teams, leadership, and client contacts
- Manage Q/A for all web projects, drive project launches with attention to technical best practices
- Train client admins on CMS platforms
- Provide post-launch support and proactively identify opportunities and deliver improvements
Check these boxes
- 3-5 years experience managing interactive projects from discovery and design to technical development and implementation.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to understand and document project requirements and dependencies
- Understanding of business and functional requirements
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
- Experience with the design and development websites and an understanding of web technologies and third party applications and platforms
- Expert level understanding of technical best practices for web
- Familiarity with common CMS platforms such as WordPress, Shopify
- Cool under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience launching websites, managing Q/A, cross-browser and device testing, client admin set-up and training on CMS platforms
- Ability to empathize with clients and users to suggest the best solutions for challenges
- Enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the project.
- Experience working with project management tools (e.g. Teamwork, Basecamp, etc.)
- Experience with Google Drive tools like Sheets and Docs
If this sounds like you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Project Manager” Include a brief email about yourself & experience, resume, and if possible, links to live examples of work you’ve managed.